Understanding Joint Pain
Is chronic joint pain holding you back from everyday activities? Have you experienced a joint injury while playing a sport? The experts at Infinite Wellness are here to help you get onto the road to recovery. We offer many treatments to help reduce and even eliminate joint pain.
Joint pain may stem from a variety of factors and can occur in many areas of the body. This means treatment plans may vary from patient to patient. Some common areas that patients experience join paint are:
- Joint pain in thumb
- Joint pain in big toe
- Joint pain in fingers
- Joint pain in shoulders
These are a few examples, but symptoms can be different for every person and require treatments tailored to the specific area of the body that is in pain. Our experts take the time to evaluate and develop a treatment plan that’s perfect for you, all while addressing any concerns you may have about your diagnosis or treatment options. Trust the professionals at Infinite Wellness to help you recover from pain.
Joint Pain Causes
Joint pain causes the stiffness in your joints that lead to pain in your shoulders, toes, or fingers. Most joint pain treatments work by targeting the degradation of the joints in order to speed up the healing process. There are many factors of everyday life that can lead to the development of joint pain. Certain aspects such as the stress of physical work and just the process of getting older can lead a person susceptible to joint pain-causing conditions. These conditions include but are not limited to:
- Osteoarthritis: This is a common type of arthritis resulting from when the protective cartilage between bones wears away. Osteoarthritis develops slowly over time and typically begins when a person is middle aged. It makes the joints become painful and stiff and it will usually get worse as a person ages.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This arthritis results from the deformation of joints in the fingers and wrists. It is a chronic disease that can lead to swelling and pain in the joints.
- Traumatic injury: This is self explanatory. A traumatic injury, whether it’s the result of a car crash or a workplace accident, can greatly damage the joints in your body and you may need some kind of physical therapy to bounce back from it.
- Bursitis: This is the result of when you put too much stress on your joints, typically from a job. It is most common to develop in the hips, knees, elbows, or shoulder. If your job requires you to do a lot of heavy lifting, you could be liable to develop this.
- Tendinitis: This disease is the result of inflammation of the tendons. Tendons are the flexible bands that connect bone and muscle. Like bursitis, this is also typically caused by an abundance of stress on the joints and it is typically seen in the elbow, heel, or shoulder.
These joint pain causes are unique in both how they manifest and how we go about treating them. If the pain comes from an injury, then treatment will usually involve trying to speed up the healing process. While degradation will typically need the use of treatment to relieve the pain at the source and build back up the important movement that was lost. Infinite Wellness has the knowledge and experience to know what each patient needs for their individual case.
Treatments for Joint Pain
Infinite Wellness wants to help you step out of the cycle of pain that makes it difficult to live your everyday life. That’s why we offer a variety of treatments that are made to help not only relieve the effects of joint pain, but also prevent further pain. It’s important you explore different options with us so we can find the treatments that are right for you and your needs.
Healing medicine is a treatment that can help alleviate the causes of joint pain by speeding up the body’s natural healing process using injections to the injury site. We harness the power of Healing Medicine to help increase the regeneration of your cells, causing you to heal faster. These injections act as an anti-inflammatory agent to give you pain relief fast. This is an effective alternative to surgery and each plan is customized by our professional staff to treat each patient’s specific injuries.
One of our most popular healing medical treatments is PRP therapy, which involves the injection of platelet rich plasmas and is especially effective for treating joint pain. Some other common therapeutic treatments we use to help rebuild tissues include:
- Amniotic cord blood
- Cord tissue products
- Medical grade ozone
Infinite Wellness uses class 4 laser therapy to reach the deep tissues in your muscles to increase circulation and reduce inflammation. Our lasers give off up to 10,000 milliwatts of power to help give you faster and more effective treatment.
Allograft tissue for joint pain
Using allograft tissue involves the transplantation of tissues from one person to another to help heal and injury or relieve pain. The new tissue will be gradually integrated into your body over time to help with the healing process.
Having a session with one of our professional chiropractors can help alleviate the pain in your joints through realignment. Chiropractic care can help with the degradation of joints and relieve the causes of joint pain through a non-surgical and non-invasive method.
Infinite Wellness has served the people of Glen Carbon, IL for years with treatments that are guaranteed to help relieve pain. You don’t have to live with everyday pain disrupting the way to live your life. Seeking treatment for joint pain is a great way to insure you can do all the activities you want to without the fear of pain wearing you down.
Exploring your options for natural pain relief for your shoulders, toes, and fingers could be the breakthrough you’ve been searching for to help you live better. Schedule your free in-office consultation today to learn more about how we can help you by calling (618) 747-3200.